[petsc-users] PETSC using 32-bit integers

José Lorenzo joslorgom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 04:54:28 CDT 2019

I have access to two PETSC installations: one using 64-bit integers and
another one with 32-bit integers. For some reason, when I run the exactly
same FORTRAN code (except for the size of integer type) using both
installations, the 32-bit one exhibits much lower performance in terms of
computation time. This is a problem because I need the 32-bit version in
order to be able to use the LU factorization provided in MUMPS.

I would appreciate any hint helping me understand why this may happen.