[petsc-users] Extracting parts of DMPLEX mesh

Swarnava Ghosh swarnava89 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:48:19 CDT 2019

Hi Matthew,

I am primarily trying to interpolate fields which are defined on vertices.
For a process, the point at which the interpolation to be carried out can
be in an element that is owned by another process. My initial plan while
writing the earlier email was to create local dmplexes in each rank which
contains all the elements that are required for interpolation. However on
second thoughts, this is too cumbersome.

What might be potentially better approach (ofcourse you will be an expert
to judge) is to simply extend the ghost region to include the elements of
the neighbor processes. In this way the points to interpolate at lie in the
ghost region of the process. Is there a way I could extend the ghost region
if I know the neighbor ranks?

Sincerely,
Swarnava