[petsc-users] Making the convergence faster

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Jul 10 17:40:09 CDT 2019

This is typical for weak preconditioners.  Have you tried -pc_type gamg
or -pc_type mg (algebraic and geometric multigrid, respectively)?  On a
structured grid with smooth coefficients, geometric multigrid is
possible with low setup cost and convergence in a few iterations
independent of problem size.