[petsc-users] KSP solve time and iterations

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 09:08:36 CST 2019

What problem are you trying to solve?
For standard elliptic problems (e.g. poisson or elasticity) you should use
a preconditioner that scales, for example PCGAMG or BoomerAMG from HYPRE
(PCHYPRE, if you configured PETSc with support for HYPRE via
--download-hypre)
Alternatively, since you are using FEM with local Assembly, you can use
PCBDDC, but this requires few extra calls

- call MatSetType(K,MATIS)
- provide an ISLocalToGlobalMapping of local to global degrees of freedom
before you set preallocation via MatSetLocalToGlobalMapping (if you provide
this call, then you can use MatSetValuesLocal for both AIJ amd MATIS types)

--
Stefano