[petsc-users] Error with petsc on OSX with libpng

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 27 19:20:13 CST 2019

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Balay, Satish via petsc-users wrote:

> For some reason your xcode compiler is giving these warnings during linktime - and I don't know why. These warnings are confusing petsc configure.
>

> ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks//OpenCL.framework/Versions/A/OpenCL are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking.
> <<<<<

Here are some potential fixes you can try..

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51314888/ld-warning-text-based-stub-file-are-out-of-sync-falling-back-to-library-file#51619171
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/97850

This is due to an out-of-sync Xcode/command-line tools issue. Reinstalling the command-line tools seems to fix the issue per http://sd.jtimothyking.com/2018/07/26/stub-file-and-library-file-out-of-sync/:

$ sudo mv /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools.old

$ xcode-select --install

$ sudo rm -rf /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools.old

Satish