[petsc-users] Fwd: PETSC installation issues

Alexander Lindsay alexlindsay239 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:20:12 CST 2019

Is this part of the log relevant?

            Checking for a functional fblaslapack
                    Looking for FBLASLAPACK at git.fblaslapack,
hg.fblaslapack or a directory starting with ['fblaslapack']
                    Found a copy of FBLASLAPACK in fblaslapack-3.4.2
                      Pushing language FC
Executing: mpif90 -V
                      Popping language FC
                      Pushing language FC
Executing: mpif90 -c -o /tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.setCompilers/conftest.o
-I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.compilers -I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.types
-I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.libraries
-I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.setCompilers -fPIC -fopenmp  -g -O  -O0
/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.setCompilers/conftest.F90
Successful compile:
Source:
      program main

      end
Executing: mpif90 -c -o /tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.setCompilers/conftest.o
-I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.compilers -I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.types
-I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.libraries
-I/tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.setCompilers -fPIC -fopenmp  -g -O
-mfp16-format=ieee  /tmp/petsc-VuReVk/config.setCompilers/conftest.F90
Possible ERROR while running compiler: exit code 256
stderr:
*gfortran: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfp16-format=ieee’*
Source:
      program main

      end
                        Rejecting compiler flag -mfp16-format=ieee due to
nonzero status from link
                        Rejecting compiler flag -mfp16-format=ieee due to
gfortran: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfp16-format=ieee’

PETSc Error: No output file produced
                      Popping language FC
                      Pushing language FC
                      Popping language FC
Do not need to rebuild FBLASLAPACK
            Not checking for library in Download FBLASLAPACK: [] because no
functions given to check for