[petsc-users] Wrong Global Vector size when default section is built after dmdistribute?

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Sat Feb 23 09:48:07 CST 2019

Hi,

My student Alex and I are trying to build an example combining natural to global ordering and constraints.
Constraints information do not seem to be distributed, so the most rational thing to do seems to be creating the default section after distribution, then figuring out a way to reconstruct the natural to global stuff.

In the example attached, we do this, then create a global vector, but for some reason that I do not understand, the global vector size is 0 (should be 18) when run on more than 1 CPU. If we make 2 calls to DMGetGlobalVector, we get a vector of the proper size. What are we doing wrong?

Regards,
Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA