[petsc-users] Meaning of PETSc error code 77

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 9 01:49:01 CST 2019

   This particular error "Petsc has generated inconsistent data" is a catastrophic error (not, for example, simply failure to solve a system) so it is not possible to by-pass the error. We would need to know exactly where in the PETSc code the error was detected to to help you resolve the problem.

   Barry