[petsc-users] Corrrect usage of MatMumpsGetInverse()

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 18 12:11:04 CST 2019

Jan:
Hey,
i tested the fix today and ran the same code as above. It is now working fine and my results are in agreement with my analytical solutions.
Good. I'll push the fix to the petsc release after regression tests.

Although i have to tranpose the computed entries afterwards. This should be the correct behaviour or ?
 ierr = MatTranspose(spRHST, MAT_INPLACE_MATRIX, &spRHST);CHKERRQ(ierr);

Yes, you have to do so.
 The issue is, mumps uses centralized compressed COLUMN format for RHS, while pestc only supports compressed ROW format. A hack is to have user create spRHST, then call
MatTranspose(spRHST, MAT_INPLACE_MATRIX, &spRHS);
Note: there is no copying in this routine. spRHST and spRHS share same data structure using column-wise and row-wise orderings. If you have a better suggestion, let us know.

Thanks for reporting the bug.
Hong