[petsc-users] petsc under cygwin

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 5 22:53:14 CST 2019

  Can you actually build and run C++ programs with the MPI?

Executing: mpicxx  -o /tmp/petsc-Llvze6/config.setCompilers/conftest.exe   -fopenmp -fPIC /tmp/petsc-Llvze6/config.setCompilers/conftest.o
Possible ERROR while running linker: exit code 1
stderr:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lmpi_cxx
          Error testing C++ compiler: Cannot compile/link Cxx with mpicxx.
            MPI installation mpicxx is likely incorrect.
  Use --with-mpi-dir to indicate an alternate MPI.

Also you have  --with-fortran=0

but --download-fblaslapack  and FOPTFLAGS=-O3

and why do you have --with-log=0   it costs no overhead if you do not use it and is always useful for tracking performance.

  Barry