[petsc-users] [petsc-dev] Working Group Beginners: Feedback On Layout

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:59:23 CDT 2019

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:22 AM Faibussowitsch, Jacob via petsc-dev <
petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hello All PETSC Developers/Users!
>
> As many of you may or may not know, PETSc recently held an all-hands
> strategic meeting to chart the medium term course for the group. As part of
> this meeting a working group was formed to focus on beginner tutorial
> guides aimed at bringing new users up to speed on how to program basic to
> intermediate PETSc scripts. We have just completed a first draft of our
> template for these guides and would like to ask you all for your feedback!
> Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, however please limit
> your feedback to the general *layout* and *structure*. The visual
> presentation of the web page and content is still all a WIP, and is not
> necessarily representative of the finished product.
>
> That being said, in order to keep the project moving forward we will *soft-cap
> feedback collection by the end of next Friday (August 23)* so that we can
> get started on writing the tutorials and integrating them with the rest of
> the revamped user-guides. Please email me directly at
> jfaibussowitsch at anl.gov with your comments! Be sure to include specific
> details and examples of what you like and don’t like with your mail.
>
> Here is the template:
> http://patricksanan.com/temp/_build/html/introductory_tutorial_ksp.html

I would really like to see a link to the full source right at the top. I
like to look at everything most times rather than having it broken up, but
I see the pedagogical value in the pieces.

I would also like to see the build/run section also have instructions for
running it in the test system.