[petsc-users] Refine DMPlex with a Refinement Function

Lawrence Mitchell wence at gmx.li
Thu Aug 1 11:31:34 CDT 2019

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 at 16:59, Daniel Mckinnell via petsc-users <
petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been having some trouble trying to refine a DMPlex object using a
> Refinement Function. I have been working with reference to the code
> discussed here:
> https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/petsc-users/2019-April/038341.html
> including the code from the GitHub directory mentioned. The error I have
> been getting is as follows:
>
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Argument out of range
> [0]PETSC ERROR: No grid refiner of dimension 2 registered
> [0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
> for trouble shooting.
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.11.2, unknown
> [0]PETSC ERROR: ./fpf on a arch-linux2-c-debug named cromars by daniel Thu
> Aug  1 15:40:18 2019
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options −−download−f2cblaslapack=yes
> −−with−debugging=1 −−download−metis=yes −−download−parmetis=yes
> −−with−fortran−bindings=0 −−with−python=0 -download-openmpi=1
> −−with−c−support −−with−clanguage=cxx
> [0]PETSC ERROR: #1 DMPlexRefine_Internal() line 215 in
> /home/daniel/petsc/src/dm/impls/plex/plexadapt.c
> [0]PETSC ERROR: #2 DMRefine_Plex() line 10381 in
> /home/daniel/petsc/src/dm/impls/plex/plexrefine.c
> [0]PETSC ERROR: #3 DMRefine() line 1881 in
> /home/daniel/petsc/src/dm/interface/dm

I suspect you need to configure with --download-triangle? When you mark
cells for refinement like this, petsc uses and external package to do the
adaptation.

I'm not sure what options are available as packages, but triangle I think
is one.

Cheers,

Lawrence