[petsc-users] Error with VecDestroy_MPIFFTW+0x61

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:32:18 CDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 10:25 AM Sajid Ali <sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Matt/Barry,
>
> I've implemented this for 1D-complex-mpi vec and tested it.
>
> Here is the modified source file ->
> https://bitbucket.org/sajid__ali/petsc/src/86fb19b57a7c4f8f42644e5160d2afbdc5e03639/src/mat/impls/fft/fftw/fftw.c
>
> Functions definitions at
> https://bitbucket.org/sajid__ali/petsc/src/86fb19b57a7c4f8f42644e5160d2afbdc5e03639/src/mat/impls/fft/fftw/fftw.c#lines-395
>
> New op at
> https://bitbucket.org/sajid__ali/petsc/src/86fb19b57a7c4f8f42644e5160d2afbdc5e03639/src/mat/impls/fft/fftw/fftw.c#lines-514
>
> If this looks good, I can extend it to all cases (1/2/3 dims +
> real/complex) and add a vecdupliate/vecdestroy pair in the tests.

This is very good. Some suggestions:

1) Send the branch pointer. Its easier for us to look at.

2) Name the branch <username>/fix_<description>

3) Don't like the source files modified in the comment. The ChangeSet tells
us that.

and maybe

4) Squash out some of the sets that are just fixing bugs. However, this is
advanced, so not this time.