[petsc-users] Argument out of range error only in certain mpi sizes

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 11 11:31:13 CDT 2019

  There is a rather detailed routine for computing the HDF5 chunk size that PETSc uses for its parallel IO in VecGetHDF5ChunkSize() which is called from VecView_MPI_HDF5_DA(). (Note the this attempts to optimize it for the parallel IO that PETSc is doing). I don't understand HDF5 chunk sizes so don't know the relationship between a chunk size used for writing to a HDF5 file and reading from it.

    Barry