[petsc-users] [SPAM?] Re: Requesting multi-GPUs

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 13 23:52:01 CDT 2018

Hi Manuel,

we do not handle more than one GPU per MPI process. If we did, we would
have to duplicate all the existing MPI communication pattern for the
multiple GPUs on a single process. This is a significant maintenance
burden, yet it would not provide any significant performance benefits.

Best regards,
Karli