[petsc-users] FIELDSPLIT fields

Fande Kong fdkong.jd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:37:05 CDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 9:54 AM Smith, Barry F. <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   2 should belong to one of the subdomains, either one is fine.
>
>    Barry
>

> > On Sep 5, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Rossi, Simone <srossi at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I’m trying to setup GASM, but I’m probably misunderstanding something.
> >
> > If I have this mesh
> >
> > 0 —— 1 —— 2 —— 3 —— 4
> > subdomain 1  |   subdomain 2

You may need to make a decision which subdomain ``2" belongs to. Most
people just let the shared node go to the lower MPI rank. If so, in this
example, ``2" belongs to the subdomain one.

iis1 = {0, 1, 2}
ois  = {0, 1, 2, 3}

iis2 = {3, 4}
ois2 = {2, 3, 4}

You consider seriously to use GASM, I would suggest to partition  your
problem (using ``hierach") in such a way that multi-rank subdomain is
actually connected, otherwise you may end up having a deficient
performance.

Thanks,

Fande,