[petsc-users] DMPlex, output value on gauss point to vertex

Josh L ysjosh.lo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 02:11:32 CDT 2018

Hi,

My FEM codes calculate the stress field on gauss point, but when I output
the stress field, I want it to on vertex. My old codes find the gauss
points that surround a vertex and calculate the average.
Is there any better way to do it with DMPlex?

The PetscSF given by DMPlexDistribute has the info how mesh points are
distributed.
Can I create a mapping from it or it can be used to map mesh point in
natural ordering to global ordering or the other way around?

Thanks,
Josh