[petsc-users] Slepc: Nonlinear eigenvalue problem

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:01:12 CDT 2018

Thanks, Jose.

How difficult would it be to add the support for the general case (if at all possible)?

My eigenvalue problem is of the form shown in the attachment. Beta is the eigenvalue and X_s^\Delta is the eigenvector. While some of the matrices are known, others are defined only as matrix vector products.

I am interested in eigenvalues with the largest real part. I expect to find complex eigenvalues, although for a small subset of cases these will be real.

What is your recommendation for attacking this problem with the nonlinear eigenvalue support in Slepc?

Would appreciate your guidance.

Regards,
Manav