[petsc-users] STFILTER in slepc

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Wed Oct 10 13:30:43 CDT 2018

> El 10 oct 2018, a las 19:54, Moritz Cygorek <mcygorek at uottawa.ca> escribió:
>
> Hi,
>
> in the list of changes to SLEPc version 3.8, it is stated that there is a preliminary implementation of polynomial filtering using STFILTER.
>
> Because I am struggling to obtain interior eigenvalues and harmonic extraction seems not to be stable enough in my case, I wanted to give it a try, but I could not find any documentation yet.
>
> Does anybody have an example of how to use STFILTER or any documentation about it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Moritz

There are no examples. You just set the type to STFILTER and set some parameters such as the interval of interest or the polynomial degree. See functions starting with STFilter here: http://slepc.upv.es/documentation/current/docs/manualpages/ST/index.html

In some problems it works well, but don't expect too much. It is still in our to-do list to make it more usable. It will be good to have your feedback. If you want, send results to slepc-maint, maybe we can help tuning the parameters.

Jose