[petsc-users] PETSc/SLEPc: Memory consumption, particularly during solver initialization/solve

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Thu Oct 4 06:12:18 CDT 2018

Regarding the SLEPc part:
- What do you mean by "each step"? Are you calling EPSSolve() several times?
- Yes, the BV object is generally what takes most of the memory. It is allocated at the beginning of EPSSolve(). Depending on the solver/options, other memory may be allocated as well.
- You can also see the memory reported at the end of -log_view
- I would suggest using the default solver Krylov-Schur - it will do Lanczos with implicit restart, which will give faster convergence than the EPSLANCZOS solver.

Jose