[petsc-users] SPAM

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 21 09:59:58 CST 2018

On Wed, 21 Nov 2018, Lisandro Dalcin via petsc-users wrote:

> Dear Nina,
>
> Although we are supposed to be empathetic with you, but I'm afraid you are
> violating our Code of Conduct.
>
> Warm regards,

It appears such spam has increased in the recent past. I've reported
this to our admins - but some spam somehow sneaks in through their
filters.

We have open mailing lists - to avoid 'subscribe-before-post' and then
'remain on the list for un-needed traffic' burden to our valid users

The cost for this open list is such ocassional spam.

I try updating mailing-list side filters after the fact to avoid
repeats - but that prevents repeats only from the same address.

Satish