[petsc-users] Problems about Assemble DMComposite Precondition Matrix

Yingjie Wu yjwu16 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:37:01 CST 2018

Thank you very much for your reply.
My equation is a neutron diffusion equation with eigenvalues, which is why
I use DMConposite because there is a single non-physical field variable,
eigenvalue. I am not very familiar with FieldSplit. I can understand it
first.
It seems not the problem of DmConposite because the reason of error
reporting is that the diagonal elements of the precondition matrix have
zero terms.
My requirement is to divide precondition matrix to sub-matrices, because I
have neutrons of multiple energy groups (each is a physical field). I want
to assign only diagonal block matrices, preferably using
MatSetValuesStencil (which can simplify the assignment of five diagonal
matrices).

Thanks,
Yingjie

Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> 于2018年11月5日周一 下午11:22写道: