[petsc-users] problem configuring 3.8.3 with intel mpi

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 22 09:14:05 CDT 2018

Sure - they have so many ways of tweaking things - so one can't things
will be the same across multiple users.

Most users dont' set these env variables [thats extra work - and not
the default behavior anyway] - so they rely on the default behavior -
i.e use mpicc for gnu and mpiicc for intel compilers.

[i.e the guesses picked up by configure might not always be what the
user wants - so its best to tell configure not to guess - and tell it
exactly what one wants it to use. And there might be scope to improve
guessing in favor of most common use cases.]

Satish