[petsc-users] problem configuring 3.8.3 with intel mpi

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Thu Mar 22 09:04:46 CDT 2018

Fair enough.

As a side note: if you want intel compilers, there's no need to
specify mpiicc, intel says to export I_MPI_CC=icc, which gives

$ which mpicc
/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2017.1.132/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpicc
$ mpicc -v
mpiicc for the Intel(R) MPI Library 2017 Update 1 for Linux*
Copyright(C) 2003-2016, Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
icc version 17.0.1 (gcc version 4.8.5 compatibility)

(otherwise they wrap the gnu compilers by default, baffling)

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij  | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl