[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] the role of field split pressure inner solver

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sun Mar 18 19:02:27 CDT 2018

The inner solver matters in practice, but that paper is predicated on
the assumption that a scalable inner solver is available and is
practical to apply exactly (e.g., converge to a tight tolerance).

In practice, it often occupies most of the time and sometimes is the
greatest robustness challenge.  But there isn't a clean theory for how
its inexactness affects the coupled solve.