[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] two-level Schwarz

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 17 11:31:38 CDT 2018

   Note that, of course, you have to have a mechanism in the code to generate the coarse geometric grid, by for example using a DM object that knows how to refine or coarsen itself.

   If all you have is code that generates a single grid and matrix associated there is no way to automatically use a geometric coarse grid but you could use two levels of algebraic multigrid by replacing the  -pc_type  mg with  -pc_type gamg.

   Barry