[petsc-users] Installation of prerequisite libraries

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 8 13:47:22 CDT 2018

  Sorry. No PETSc can't install bison and flex and we won't add that capability

bison and flex are so standard that any standard distribution should either contain them or have an easy way to install them.

  Perhaps you are working on a machine without bison and flex and you do not have sudo access. I suggest you email/talk to the sys admin for this machine and ask them to install these packages.

    Barry