[petsc-users] Tao's user-defined Monitor crashes

Dener, Alp adener at anl.gov
Tue Jul 24 10:06:25 CDT 2018

Hi Shu,

The fix for this bug is now in the PETSc master branch.

Best,

Alp Dener
Argonne National Laboratory
mcs.anl.gov/person/alp-dener<http://mcs.anl.gov/person/alp-dener>

On July 20, 2018 at 8:58:49 PM, Dener, Alp (adener at anl.gov<mailto:adener at anl.gov>) wrote:

Hi Shu,

I can confirm that I’m getting the same error on my end as well. I checked the eptorsion2f test and I don’t see anything immediately wrong with it. I think something may be bugged about the Fortran interface for TaoSetMonitor, or alternatively the internal fortran function pointer mapping for monitors, monitor contexts and monitor destroy functions. I will take a closer look at this over the weekend and we will get a fix for this tested and merged to master as soon as possible.

Thanks!