[petsc-users] degub of computating Jacobian for SNES

WANG, LEI lei.wang at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 3 06:58:42 CDT 2018

Dear all

I am using SNES for solving a large nonlinear system for Material Point Method. But it always diverged after server steps, I think there are some bug in the computation of Jacobian matrix. Do anyone have practical approach for identified these bugs in a large matrix? Currently, I saved the matrix to a txt file and load it to Matlab for checking. Is there function for checking Petsc Mat in Petsc itself?

Cheers
Lei