[petsc-users] DMGlobalToLocal acting weird

Manuel Valera mvalera-w at sdsu.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:42:05 CDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 3:04 PM, Smith, Barry F. <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    First make sure that getCenterInfo(daScalars,  xstart, ystart, zstart,
> xend, yend, zend) returns what it should.

It does, i am also working in one processor only for now.

>    remove the 99 business and print out the arrtemp() and TO() values. Are
> they correct?

They are not, i'm using maximum and minimum as probes to print into, but
the minimum of T0 is 1 and is 0 for arrtemp,

   What is DimTemperature? Shouldn't it be LocTempature?

Yes, sorry about that,

>    Print out the values in tdim().

Yes, the same as with arrtemp/T0

Sorry i didn't mention i was debugging by printing the extremas of the
arrays,

>From your answer you seem to think the problem is in my code's side and it
may very well be, but from the DMGlobalToLocalBegin there is a warning
saying INSERT_VALUES doesn't work with DMDAs, is this still an issue or
have been fixed? i understand it looks like these are two different
problems in my code,

Thanks,