[petsc-users] Changing the operator for PCMG while leaving interpolation matrices unchanged

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 24 11:19:01 CST 2018

   This is off the top of my head and my not be useful. Copy PCReset_MG() which is

PetscErrorCode PCReset_MG(PC pc)
{
  PC_MG          *mg        = (PC_MG*)pc->data;
  PC_MG_Levels   **mglevels = mg->levels;
  PetscErrorCode ierr;
  PetscInt       i,n;

  PetscFunctionBegin;
  if (mglevels) {
    n = mglevels[0]->levels;
    for (i=0; i<n-1; i++) {
      ierr = VecDestroy(&mglevels[i+1]->r);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr = VecDestroy(&mglevels[i]->b);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr = VecDestroy(&mglevels[i]->x);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr = MatDestroy(&mglevels[i+1]->restrct);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr = MatDestroy(&mglevels[i+1]->interpolate);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      ierr = VecDestroy(&mglevels[i+1]->rscale);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    }

    for (i=0; i<n; i++) {
      ierr = MatDestroy(&mglevels[i]->A);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      if (mglevels[i]->smoothd != mglevels[i]->smoothu) {
        ierr = KSPReset(mglevels[i]->smoothd);CHKERRQ(ierr);
      }
      ierr = KSPReset(mglevels[i]->smoothu);CHKERRQ(ierr);
    }
  }
  PetscFunctionReturn(0);
}

And change it to only destroy mats on each level ierr = MatDestroy(&mglevels[i]->A);CHKERRQ(ierr); Keep everything else.

Not that you will need to include #include <petsc/private/pcmgimpl.h>  in your code.