[petsc-users] petsc and mumps for compute user-specified set of entries in inv(A)

Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 20 11:42:36 CST 2018

Marius :
Current petsc-mumps interface supports ICNTL(30), e.g., runtime option
'-mat_mumps_icntl_30
0' as default.
However, no user ever has tested it. I tested it
using petsc/src/mat/examples/tests/ex130.c with
 '-mat_mumps_icntl_30 1' and got an error in MatSolve() -- additional work
needs to be down here.

I'll read mumps user manual and investigate it next week.

Meanwhile, you may give it a try and figure out how to set other
parameters, such as icntl_27 and allocate correct rhs and solution vectors.

Hong