[petsc-users] Cell type for DMPlexCreateFromCellList

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:04:51 CST 2018

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 1:33 AM, Danyang Su <danyang.su at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What cell types does DMPlexCreateFromCellList support? I test this with
> triangle, tetrahedron and prism. Both triangle and tetrahedron work but
> prism mesh throws error saying "Cone size 6 not supported for dimension 3".
>
> Could anyone tell me all the supported cell types?

The limitation occurs in two places:

  1) Calculating edges and faces: I only know how to do this for tri, tet,
quad, and hex. Give PETSC_FALSE to CreateFromCellList() and this error will
go away.
      You could also provide the information for interpolating prisms,
which would depend on how they are ordered when you read in cells.

  2) Even if you read them in, I have no geometric routines for prisms.