[petsc-users] MatZeroRowsColumnsLocal for MatNest

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sun Feb 4 13:39:32 CST 2018

"Garth N. Wells" <gnw20 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> As a note, with MatNest and MatZeroRowsColumns I get
>
> [0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Mat type nest
>
> which is informative, but with MatNest and and MatZeroRowsColumnsLocal I get
>
> [0]PETSC ERROR:
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
> probably memory access out of range

Gross.  I assume Barry wrote it to call the ops->zerorowscolumns
directly to follow the same pattern as MatZeroRowsLocal (which first
checks for a special ops pointer, and then still doesn't check if
ops->zerorows is NULL).  If you need this, we'll need to add a new ops
pointer and implement it for MatNest.  If you just need a better error
message, we can just fix up the dispatch.