[petsc-users] Can I use TAO for embarrassingly parallel problems with multiple threads?

Krzysztof Kamieniecki krys at kamieniecki.com
Thu Dec 20 09:28:54 CST 2018

Hello All,

I have an embarrassingly parallel problem that I would like to use TAO on,
is there some way to do this with threads as opposed to multiple processes?

 I compiled PETSc with the following flags
./configure \
--prefix=${DEP_INSTALL_DIR} \
--with-threadsafety --with-log=0 --download-concurrencykit \
--with-openblas=1 \
--with-openblas-dir=${DEP_INSTALL_DIR} \
--with-mpi=0 \
--with-shared=0 \
--with-debugging=0 COPTFLAGS='-O3' CXXOPTFLAGS='-O3' FOPTFLAGS='-O3'

When I run TAO in multiple threads I get the error "Called VecxxxEnd() in a
different order or with a different vector than VecxxxBegin()"

Thanks,
Krys