[petsc-users] Periodic domains in DMPlex / petsc4py

Artur Palha Da Silva Clérigo - LR A.PalhaDaSilvaClerigo at tudelft.nl
Wed Dec 12 07:42:50 CST 2018

Dear All,

I having been trying to add periodic domain functionality to my code. I am able to generate a periodic mesh with gmsh and load it using dmplex. The problem is that I am unable to have a numbering of the degrees of freedom that reflects the periodicity (they are numbered as if there was no periodicity).

I read this thread: https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/petsc-users/2018-October/036539.html

There it is mentioned that DMLocalizeCoordinates is required after loading the mesh.

My questions are the following:

1. Is it correct that I need to run DMLocalizeCoordinates on my DM?
2. I am currently using petsc4py but I am unable to find DMLocalizeCoordinates. Is this functionality missing or is there an alternative to it?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

-artur palha