[petsc-users] Configure error after upgrading GCC

Amneet Bhalla mail2amneet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:13:31 CST 2018

That still caused the same problem.

But I have resolved the issue. I removed system mpich and built a local
version of openmpi. That made it work. It appears that apt-get install
mpich installs default GCC-5 headers even when I made GCC-7 the default
complier.

By the way, I built openmpi 4.0.0 and PETSc was not compatible with it:
some API errors occurred. So I installed openmpi 1.10 which I know works
with PETSc. Just want to confirm that it is indeed the case.

--
--Amneet