[petsc-users] LINEAR SOLVER

Savneet Kaur Savneet.KAUR at cea.fr
Fri Aug 24 04:48:00 CDT 2018

Hello,

I am having a small trouble with PETSC.

I am trying to use linear solver methods: LU and CHOLESKY but unable to
run the code. The error message which I am getting is "See
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/linearsolvertable.html for
possible LU and Cholesky solvers
[0]PETSC ERROR: Could not locate a solver package. Perhaps you must
./configure with --download-<package>
[0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
for trouble shooting."

But while installing the PETSC, I am using this command line for the
configuration *"./configure --with-cc=mpicc --with-fc=mpif90
--with-cxx=mpicxx --download-scalapack --download-mumps --download-hypre
--download-parmetis --download-metis" .. *which should eventually
install LU and cholesky packages as i am calling them to configure it
using MUMPS package.

And my second question would be, I want to install the non debug version
of the PETSC and SLEPC. If you can help me in that?

Infact, I even tried configruing with *"--with-debugging=0". *But it did
not changed anything.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,