[petsc-users] using hypre's GPU feature through PETSc

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 4 12:27:37 CDT 2018

   Our config/BuildSystem/config/packages/hypre.py does not yet have code to communicate GPU information for building hypre. One would need to go through the hypre install documentation to determine the hypre configure flags for enabling the GPU and add support to hypre.py for passing these flags to hypre configure.

   Barry

An example of the type of flag needed can be found in superlu_dist.py

    help.addArgument('SUPERLU_DIST', '-download-superlu_dist-gpu=<bool>',    nargs.ArgBool(None, 0, 'Install Superlu_DIST to use GPUs'))