[petsc-users] Access to submatrix owned by an other processor

Benedusi Pietro pietro.benedusi at usi.ch
Mon Sep 25 03:26:37 CDT 2017

Dear all,

there is a way to access an arbitrary block of a parallel matrix? It should work also in the case where the block is owned by an other processor.

I have seen that you can use MatCreateRedundantMatrix() to copy the entire matrix in a processor, but this solution is not very efficient if I just need a (small) block of it.
I have also tried to use MatGetSubMatrix() but does not seem to work.

Thank you very much for any help,
Pietro