[petsc-users] Using factored complex matrices from MUMPS as a preconditioner in PETSC

Evan Um evanum at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:38:38 CDT 2017

Dear PETSC Users,

My system matrix comes from finite element modeling and is complex and
unstructured. Its typical size is a few millions-by a few millions. I
wondering if I can use MUMPS parallel direct solver as a preconditioner in
PETSC. For example, I want to pass factored matrices to Krylov iterative
solvers such as QMR. Is there any PETSC+MUMPS example code for the purpose?
Can PETSC call the latest MUMPS that supports block low rank approximation?

In advance, thank you very much for your comments.

Best,
Evan