[petsc-users] Example for solving system of pde with snes

Praveen C cpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 01:39:46 CDT 2017

Dear all

I am solving 3 coupled first order PDE in 2-D with SNES. The stencil is
(3+1+3) in both directions due to weno scheme. I want to use matrix-free
gmres. For preconditioner, I will use first order scheme with stencil
(1+1+1) in both directions. I am using DMDA.

Two things that I am looking for are:

How to setup the matrix ?

Since I have 3 variables at each grid point, how to fill the jacobian
matrix.

Is there an existing example that comes close to this situation. My search
was not fruitful.

Thank you
praveen