[petsc-users] Distributing already assembled stiffness matrix

Jaganathan, Srikrishna srikrishna.jaganathan at fau.de
Thu Oct 19 09:52:31 CDT 2017

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply, it was very slow to insert values
using MatSetValues , I guess its due to lack of preallocation. I still
couldn't figure out how to calculate the parameters required to
preallocate MatMPIAIJ. So I have the nnz array for serial preallocation
and this is accurate. So is there any rule of thumb to arrive at decent
numbers for d_nnz and o_nnz from nnz array ?