[petsc-users] Can not configure PETSc-master with clang-3.9

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Mon Oct 16 13:12:50 CDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> BTW: Which clang are you using?
>
> mpicc -show

clang -Wl,-commons,use_dylibs
-I/opt/moose/mpich/mpich-3.2/clang-opt/include
-L/opt/moose/mpich/mpich-3.2/clang-opt/lib -lmpi -lpmpi

> mpicc --version

mpicc -v

mpicc for MPICH version 3.2
clang version 3.9.0 (tags/RELEASE_390/final)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /opt/moose/llvm-3.9.0/bin
clang-3.9: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-I
/opt/moose/mpich/mpich-3.2/clang-opt/include'

I guess because we are using a customize installation of clang.

Fande,