[petsc-users] How can I retrieve the IS for all Missing Diagonal entries?

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Thu Nov 23 13:44:17 CST 2017

Thank you for your answers.

First, I was wrong when telling that having empty rows is working for LU
solver: after verification, it is the exact opposite: it does not work
for MUMPS.

We have a nightly test that solve that kind of matrix with a
gmres+jacobi combination and it works well...

Second, since LU solvers are interesting to use as the solvers for the
coarsest level in a PCGAMG for example, we still have to give a non-zero
for all the diagonal...

So my solution will be to add it anyway... :)

Thanks again,

Eric