[petsc-users] multi level octree AMR

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 10:50:50 CST 2017

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Yann JOBIC <yann.jobic at univ-amu.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I succeed in having a basic AMR running on my FE advection/diffusion
> problem ( https://mycore.core-cloud.net/index.php/s/DmiiTwKUpV9z5qL)
>
> I now want to have multiple levels in my octree AMR from p4est.

Can we be more specific here. I assume p4est did more than 1 level of
refinement to create the adapted mesh. Do you mean several meshes (a
hierarchy)?

> I tried a lot with IS tagged arrays, but i didn't succeed so far. When i
> get from VecTaggerAbsoluteSetBox an IS array of the cells, it seems that
> the DM cell numbering is changed after multiple time iterations (from
> TSSolve), even if the DM is not changed at all.

If the DM does not change, the point numbering and the dof numbering stay
the same.

> I tried to identify the cells to refine/coarse with ISDifference and
> ISExpand, from two different time solutions of the same DM. That made me
> wondering if i'm using the correct tool (IS array).

Can you give a pseudocode description of what you are doing?

It sounds like you just want to call DMAdaptLabel() a few times in a row,
with different labels and DMs.