[petsc-users] petsc-3.5 quadruple precision mixed with double

Hao Zhang hbcbh1999 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 20:22:34 CDT 2017

It's 3d incompressible RT simulation. My pressure between serial and
parallel calculation is off by 10^(-14) in relative error. it eventually
build up at later time. I want to rule out the possibilities that PETSc
give me bad solution. pressure scale is 10^(-2).

I use PetscScalar. thanks @Jed Brown for confirming that but I have
Segmentation Violation when retrieving x. I allocated memory for the array
x (PetscScalar type). if not for quadruple precision, there is no error.

thanks @Satish Balay. I will update code petsc-3.7 later.