[petsc-users] Node renumbering and ghost nodes determination

Guido Giuntoli giuntoli1991 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:05:56 CDT 2017

Hi,

I am using ParMETIS to get a partition of my mesh (a group of elements for
each process) and now I want to renumber the nodes contiguous for each
process according to their rank. Can I take advantage of the IS functions
(or others like AO) directly from this point or is crucial to do the
partition with ParMETIS using PETSc functions and apply
ISPartitionToNumbering like in the manual's example ?

Another question, which is the best way of determine the ownership of the
nodes ? for example : node 101 belongs to an element in process 0 and to an
element in process 1, how do I  take the decision ? In the past I did a
partition with METIS and he returned an array of nodes belonging like the
elements so that was easy but now my only idea is to get the new
renumbering and check if the new renumbering fall inside my range.

Thank you, Guido.