[petsc-users] configure cannot find a c preprocessor

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 20 16:59:31 CST 2017

Executing: mpicc -E  -I/dev/shm/pbs.3111462.hpc-pbs/petsc-fdYfuH/config.setCompilers  /dev/shm/pbs.3111462.hpc-pbs/petsc-fdYfuH/config.setCompilers/conftest.c
stderr:
gcc: warning: /usr/lib64/libcpuset.so.1: linker input file unused because linking not done
gcc: warning: /usr/lib64/libbitmask.so.1: linker input file unused because linking not done
<<<<

Looks like your mpicc is printing this verbose thing on stdout [why is
it doing a link check during preprocesing?] - thus confusing PETSc
configure.

Workarround is to fix this compiler not to print such messages. Or use different compilers..

What do you have for:

mpicc -show

Satish