[petsc-users] local to global mapping for DMPlex

Yann JOBIC yann.jobic at univ-amu.fr
Tue Dec 19 10:40:21 CST 2017

Hello,

We want to extract the cell connectivity from a DMPlex. We have no
problem for a sequential run.

However for parallel ones, we need to get the node numbering in the
global ordering, as when we distribute the mesh, we only have local
nodes, and thus local numbering.

It seems that we should use DMGetLocalToGlobalMapping (we are using
Fortran with Petsc 3.8p3). However, we get the running error :

[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type
[0]PETSC ERROR: DM can not create LocalToGlobalMapping

Is it the right way to do it ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Yann